We get many frequently asked questions so we have compiled many of them here for you to quickly find the answer you are looking for. 

We are new to the district, how can I find more information about Andrew? 

First off, welcome! We are glad you have made a great choice to move to Andrew! Our website is a great place to get information but since you are here, I'm sure you have looked at most of this. Your next step should be to contact the district office. Mr. Crozier will take time to give you a personal tour of the building and answer any questions that you may have about Andrew Schools. If you don't want a visit, call the office and schedule a time to come in and register your child. We only need a little bit of paperwork to enroll your child. 

How can I get information on a 504 plan for my child? 

Our 504 coordinator is our Guidance Counselor, Kim Wagner. You can contact Kim at kim.wagner@andrew.k12.ia.us or by calling 563-672-3221. 

Who can I contact about equitable services in the Andrew Schools?

If you have an equity concern, please contact Andy Crozier. You can contact Mr. Crozier at andy.crozier@andrew.k12.ia.us or by calling 563-672-3221.

I want to open enroll my child, where can I get information on open enrollment? 

All of our open enrollment information is posted on our Open Enrollment page. 

Who do I contact at the school about a homeless student?

If your family is homeless or you know of another family that has recently become homeless, please notify Kim Wagner, Guidance Counselor. Mrs. Wagner is our Homeless Liason for the district. The district defines "homeless child or youth" as a child or youth from the age of 3 to 21 years who lacks a fixed, regular, and adequate nighttime residence and includes the following:
  1. A child or youth who is sharing the housing of other persons due to loss of housing , economic hardship, or a similar reason; is living in a motel, hotel, trailer park, or camping grounds due to the lack of alternative adequate accommodations; is living in an emergency or transitional shelter; is abandoned in a hospital; or is awaiting foster care placement. 
  2. A child or youth who has a primary nighttime residence that is a public or private place not designed for or ordinarily used as a regular sleeping accommodation for human beings. 
  3. A child or youth who is living in a car, park, public space, abandoned building, substandard housing, bus or train station, or similar setting; or
  4. A migratory child or youth who qualifies as homeless because the child or youth is living in circumstances described in paragraphs "1" through "3" above.